Friday, September 28, 2012

Week 4 Assignment

For our Color Scheme assignment this week, I choose to work with the fall colors.  I was inspired by the long drive down to Killington last week for my sister's wedding and would have taken a million pictures of landscapes turning colors, but our camera battery was dead.  And our battery charger was plugged in all ready to go.

At home.


Boo.

So I have been scouring the landscapes around home looking for the perfect nature scene to capture and found this loverly little place near my home on my way to work that I always love to look at when we drive by.  Which gave me nothing.  So we went all over Route 15 hunting for something interesting and found a nice church parking lot with interesting things to take pictures of.  So I did.  And here are the results. 


Picture 1: Monochromatic Variation of Gray
Fungus on a Tree
This was an interesting picture because of the the growth pattern of the fungus and how the gray transitions to a darker greenish-gray type of fungus.




Picture two: Analogous photo (Red, Orange, Yellow)
Marigolds 
I love color schemes of analogous colors; they appease the OCD gods and make me happy.  And this came out really bright against a rainy background.


This was just an interesting more monochromatic picture of smushed down grass under the glass of a fish tank drying out in our back yard with some new greener grass shoots coming through and bleached out clover.




6 comments:

  1. Your Monochromatic color scheme is interesting. I like that you got really close for this shot. It shows the texture in all photos vividly. All the lighting in the photos is perfect. I know lighting is something I have to work on. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeremy! Which monochromatic shot were you talking about? It's definitely easier to get the color schemes when you do close up, unless it's something like an over view of trees or tons of plants or other stuff I am just not creative enough to think of lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, you had FUN and you were so tenacious in finding good shots, too, excellent! The lichen photo is gorgeous, I love the variety of textures in the lichens and bark and that little bit of acid green, yummy touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the detail of the marigolds. It is amazing how bright pictures can look even on rainy days. The texture of the tree and lichens is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fungus on the tree. The colors, texture and contrast is all really lovely. The analogous photo is really nice. I love the flow of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lichen photo! So much texture to the composition, lots hold my interest! Also love the way it was lit, which I'm assuming is natural light. Really adds dimension.

    ReplyDelete