Monday, October 8, 2012

Framing

This was a hard photo assignment for me.  I like symmetry and everything centered in pictures.  I don't know if this is because when I center framed pictures, I had even borders to crop the pictures for the year book or just because I like equal distances between the subject and the borders of the picture.  I have OCD, so this plays into it as well.

I also realized I was hyper-aware of lighting around me this week while I drove to work (so.many.shifts.).  The lighting at night was amazing.  I cursed my lack of a tripod or time to stop and take some pictures nightly.  I also took an amazing mental image of the porch light in the rain behind a tree.  Some day!

So here are my framed pictures for the week taken in Colchester, Essex, and Shelburne, Vermont of rocks, water, and barn tops.


2 comments:

  1. Jessi,
    I love how you captured the Vermont fall season in these photos! My favorite one would be the one with both of your children walking away. The white line on the road draws the eye right to them which is great! The only suggestion for it I have is that if you had captured a bit of the mailbox post and used that as a frame/border, it would have made a great photo even better. Nice job!
    Cristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the one of your kids, but the cow one is also one of my faves. Nice rule of thirds horizon and the placement of the cow in the right third makes for a very dynamic composition.I'm hoping you posted your Framing slideshow in the Discussion (mixed up the two assignments?)since that is actually what was assigned to go on the blog this week.

    ReplyDelete