This week we tackled more photo edits. We had to
- Post one altered photo to blog (share the before AND after) altered with clone and/or patch tool.
- Post one photo to your blog where you added text.
- Add one photo to your blog where you used the paint tool(s), show the before
AND after.
So in this first picture, I am very pregnant with our youngest son, Finn and Bella is loving to kiss him through my tummy. The fish tank gives some great color, but my stretch marks are showing, there is juice staining Bella's mouth, and the tank isn't 100% clean.
So in my edit, I cleaned up the tank, faded the stretch marks, and took away the juice stains with the clone tool. I also used the paint brush to dodge Bella's pink dress. I cropped the photo, applied a cooler temperature filter, and increased the shadow definition along with adding some text.
This next picture shows Baby Finn (1 day old) and I in the hospital. There is a lot going on in the background and I have a telephone line coming out of my head.
So I cloned the wall around me to take out the cord, as well as some of the things poking up in the background. I also cropped the photo, applied a color focal circle filter that has a B&W edge, added some text, and increased the lighting.
In my final picture, I took this adorable shot of Bella in front of the fish tank on school picture day. She's practicing her smile and twirls while also melting her Daddy's heart. Again, the algae on the tank is distracting, and the lighting is a tad bit off.
Edit tools to the rescue! I applied a glowing filter with a paint brush, sharpened the image, increased the lighting while making the shadows more rich, and sharpened her outline with the paint brush. I also added text, cropped the photo, and used the cloning tool to take out the algae.
It's a lot of fun to add the various tools we're learning about and it gives me a whole new level of appreciate for people that do this for a living!
Comments are always welcome :D
These are great! I love the subtleness (oops, that isn't a word, well you know what I mean) of your tool use. One thing I would point out is in the two fish tanks photos you've got strong back-lighting from the tank, and that strong color as well, so when you brighten the faces, which is necessary, the tank gets brighter too. This makes those two photos look a little bit over-exposed. One other thing, I know the text was an assignment, but in all these cases I think text detracts from how excellent the photos are (unless used for a card or poster or something). Very nice work, Jessi, you obviously mastered these tools!
ReplyDeleteI didn't think about using the cloning tool to make the background (such as your fishtank with algae) to no longer have algae in it. Nice job editing. I love the saying you have on the picture of your daughter.
ReplyDelete