Friday, October 26, 2012

More edit!

This week I manipulated images that started out a little dark and made them sharper, brighter.   I wanted to use my little dancer's photos, so here are the original ones.


Picture 1: I took this picture of my daughter's rehersal performance that I love, then I cropped it, brought the lighting up a bit, and increased the color warmth.


Picture 2: Another inside picture of ballet, this time in a studio that is notorious for lighting problems with pictures (my dreaded flash not going off problem).  For this photo, I brightened, cropped, sharped, and still found that I could not get my daughter's face in better focus.


So, wanting to play more with color, I took one of my favorite bright pictures of my daughter fishing.
I re-sized it and made it a B&W to really bring out the light while also sharpening the image to bring out the clarity of the subject.  I love the end result.

Happy photo editing :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! The final one, daughter fishing, is just so cute, poster quality for sure!

    The top ballet one I think you might have pushed the hue a tiny bit too far, but I appreciate more light.

    And the middle one is just problematic as you say, since with the backlighting and no fill flash there just isn't enough pixel info for it to be focused, even when lightened. You have to set your flash to ON not AUTO to get it to flash w/ backlighting (the windows) and then it will act as fill light even with the light pouring in through the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa:

    I think that the second one would benefit from dodge & burn tools that we got into this week, as well as the top one. It's fun to post the "mistakes" even if they aren't great just to get some feedback to have something to work with :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessi-
    The results of the first lil dancers made the photo more enhanced and vibrant in color. The light is a bit much but does justice as well. I like the photo of the lil one fishing but overall the dancers are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete